Bethell are proud to have become one of Euro Garages established supply chain partners through a proven track record of successfully delivering complex Section 278 highway works for new petrol station and retail developments throughout the UK.
Our role begins at pre-construction stage with Early Contractor Involvement, providing budget costings, programme and phasing information, dealing with C2-C4 enquiries for potential utility service diversions plus all applications to local highway authorities for road opening notices and traffic orders. We are also starting to provide the utilities connections for this client.
The Section 278 highway work typically involves the creation of new junctions onto existing public roads and the construction activities we typically undertake will involve:
- Bulk Excavation and sub-base formation
- All new highway drainage including attenuation and new gullies
- Installation of all below ground infrastructure for street-lighting and traffic signals
- Coordination and management of Utility Service diversions
- New kerbs, footpaths, pedestrian islands and all new highway surfacing works
- New signage, road markings, anti-skid surfacing, pedestrian guardrails and soft landscaping.
- Traffic Management involving temporary signals and diversion routes
|S278 Highway Works, Frontier Park, Blackburn||2018||£1,500,000|
|S278 Highway Works, Barracks Rd, Burnley, Lancs||2019||£200,000|
|S278 Highway Works, Tongham Rd, Farnham, Surrey||2020||£285,000|
|S278 Highway Works, Hadley Park Service Station, Staffs||2020||£70,000|
|S278 Highway Works, Manchester Rd, Bolton||2020||£165,000|
|S278 Highway Works, Sproughton Rd, Ipswich||2021||£335,000|
|S278 Highway Works, Pride Park, Derby||2021||£280,000|
|S278 Highway Works & Retaining Wall, Maghull, Merseyside||2021||£1,300,000|
|Utility Connections for a drive thru coffee shop, Dudley||2021||£75,000|