Newfield & Talbot Schools, Sheffield
The extent of the workscope included the following works –
- Bulk Earthworks
- Highway Drainage
- Macadam Road Construction
- Granite Paving and Block Paving
- Construction of External Brick Walls
- Construction of External Steps and Staircases
- Highway Drainage and Land Drainage
- Construction of Gabion Retaining Walls
- Construction of Concrete Retaining Walls
The majority of the work undertaken by Bethell consisted of the installation of bespoke high quality paving.
The site was challenging as it is steeply sloped and paving was constructed on a variety of levels overlooking Sheffield Town Centre and each ‘terrace’ was constructed differently using a variety of construction materials.
Other works included construction of a MUGA pitch, substantial feature gabion walls, bulk earthworks and all asphalting works.