Section 278 Roadworks
Having been involved in highway construction for so long, it’s no surprise that Bethell are an accredited highways contractor for most Local Highway Authorities within the north of England and a trusted partner of choice for many developers to ensure that any adoptable highway works are completed with zero defects.
The Section 278 Agreement is a legally binding document between the Local Highway Authority and a developer to ensure that any adoptable work to be carried out on the highway is completed to the standards and satisfaction of the Local Highway Authority.
Bethell can offer developers peace of mind and undertake Section 278 agreements on a full “turnkey” basis by undertaking the following workscopes to meet the exacting Highways Specification standards.
- Site Clearance / Bulk Earthworks
- Highway Drainage
- Service Duct Installation
- Management of Statutory Service Diversions
- Installation of Pedestrian Guardrails
- Road marking / High Friction Surfaces
- Installation of Traffic Signal Infrastructure
- Street Lighting Installation
- Kerbing / Paving / Tactile Paving Installation
- Asphalt and Macadam Surfacing to Road Pavements
- Macadam Surfacing of Footpaths
- Installation of Street Furniture