Salary and Benefits: Competitive Salary depending on experience + company car/car allowance + fuel card (business/personal use) + annual bonus + great company pension + life assurance cover + buy/sell holiday scheme.
Location: Kearsley (M26 1GE) with travel to sites across the region
Who Are Bethell?
We are a Manchester based civil engineering and utility services group, continuing our major expansion plans in 2021 targeting a strengthening of its workforce by up to 20%. Bethell, which has operated in the Northwest for over 150 years, has a significant number of framework contracts with the Utility sector, Local Authorities and key infrastructure clients. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been accredited with both Investors in People and The Workplace Wellbeing Charter. We offer accredited training to colleagues who wish to develop themselves professionally and grow their skillsets.
What Will The Role Involve?
We are keen to recruit a Project Manager with proven experience United Utilities experience and associated civil engineering works. The successful candidate must have the ability to manage construction projects in both local authority and private development sectors and should have at least five years’ experience of successfully managing projects from £0.5m to £5.0m in value.
You will work collaboratively with the client, design partners, internal staff, sub-contractors, operatives and other professionals and be responsible for all aspects of health and safety, quality and environmental assurance, contract administration, cost control, planning, communication and people management.
What Key Skills & Experience Are We Looking For?
· Experience in excavation/groundworks/concreting/drainage
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in a site supervisory role
· HNC/HND/Degree qualification in construction-related studies
· Minimum Gold Card CSCS accreditation
· SMSTS 5-day accreditation
· Minimum 3-day first aid accreditation
· Full Clean Driving Licence
· Temporary Works Supervisor accreditation
· NRSWA Supervisor / Lantra 12D accreditation
· SEATS accreditation (Site Environmental)
· Good working knowledge of the construction industry and of all relevant trade disciplines
· Good understanding of the CDM regulations
· Good understanding of NEC Form of Contracts
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skillset required, then please apply online and complete the application process. We reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date should the need occur, therefore we advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Bethell Group are an equal opportunities employer and actively recruit for members of the Armed Forces, Veterans and their families, having recently signed the Armed Forces Covenant.
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision over the coming years.
Due to the nature and environment of our work, all offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks. These include:
· Checking identity and Right to Work in UK
· Employment References
· Basic Disclosure criminal records checks
· Drugs Test on first day in business
Other checks may be required depending on the nature of the job for which you have applied, e.g., qualifications or enhanced security checks.