Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Bethell now have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join us at our Head office in Kearsley. We are looking for a candidate with knowledge of ENA’s G81 Documents, and who has experience in the design and planning of DNO and IDNO networks, along with substation design. A candidate who is qualified to HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering with further technical or professional qualifications.
To prepare designs and estimates for the installation of LV/HV electric networks in both housing and industrial /commercial developments in accordance with current industry regulations and company pricing policies.
· Undertake outline designs for tendering purposes– carry out the most cost-effective design solution liaising with DNO’s, technical consultants and suppliers where applicable and submit to DNO’s for prompt design approval.
- Take projects from mobilisation through to completion on time and in budget in a controlled and co-ordinated manner
- Management of multiple projects from early phases to completion
- Primary technical point of contact for the project, providing technical advice and solutions
- Liaise between the project manager and the technical disciplines involved in the project
- Check project deliverables including drawings, schedules, datasheets, specifications
- Able to conduct electrical calculations, cable sizing and earthing calculations
· Liaising with developers, architects, and site engineers on new development projects to produce designs to meet specific customer requirements.
· Build on client relationships with a view to securing work with new clients and maintaining work with existing clients.
· Maintaining a healthy relationship with designers/ project Engineers within DNO’s
Mentor, coach, and guide trainees / design admin team.