Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary + Company Car/Car Allowance with Fuel Card + Annual Bonus + Great Company Pension + Free use of an Independent Financial Advisor + Death In Service Cover + Buy & Sell Holiday Scheme plus loads more!
Location: Kearsley (M26 1GE) with travel to sites across the Northwest
Who are we?
Bethell are a Manchester based civil engineering and utility services group, Bethell, is continuing its major expansion plans in 2021 targeting a strengthening of its workforce by up to 20%. Bethell, which has operated in the Northwest for over 150 years, has a significant number of framework contracts with the Utility sector, Local Authorities and key infrastructure clients.
What Will The Role Involve?
As our Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will provide the necessary Contractual and Commercial expertise supporting the site teams and others alike from pre, through to post construction. You will ensure that value is maximised, risks are mitigated and cashflow is maintained whilst supporting the management of key strategy deliverables whilst ensuring compliance with all commercial procedures and reporting requirements.
In this role, you will meet all procurement deliverables through effective supply chain communication management and analysis and work with various members of the team including commercial, operations, finance and support leads, to ensure reporting deadlines are achieved and that targets are met. You’ll take the lead role for the management, procurement and implementation of subcontracts and liaise regularly with external stakeholders and clients to ensure best commercial outcomes are achieved on all projects through the correct application and administration of the contract. You’ll be expected to seek to develop other members of the team (trainee/ assistant QS’s) by setting good examples to support and pass on your experience when and where possible.
As our Senior QS, you’ll also continually demonstrate a proficient use of company resources and cost management systems and support innovative thinking adding value through effective change control.
What Key Skills & Experience Are We Looking For?
- CSCS Accreditation
- Degree in quantity surveying OR 10 years plus experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within the working role.
- Experienced on various civils, drainage, groundworks, concreting, 278, minor building projects
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Good working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Sound commercial understanding and can demonstrate the ability to maximise value and effective cash management, through a good understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Be able to forecast, report and administer cost / contracts forensically as the role necessitates.
- Good understanding of SF’s of contracts JCT, NEC, ICE.
- Have an awareness of insurance requirements including, third party agreements (Warranties/Bonds/ PCG).
- Understanding of Microsoft Projects, Primavera and other programming software.
- A good understanding of safe working practices and basic H&S requirements.
- Show an understanding of the tender information and process.
- Be able forensically interrogate tender information and analysis.
- Ability to compare actual works with original contract requirements.
- Be able to measure and take off drawings and compare this on the project.
- Sound understanding on the preparation of a BofQ.
- Sound negotiation skills and be able to chair commercial meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Member of professional body RICS, CICES, ICE or similar (desirable)
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skillset required, then please apply online and complete the application process. We reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date should the need occur, therefore we advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Bethell Group are an equal opportunities employer and actively recruit for members of the Armed Forces, Veterans and their families, having recently signed the Armed Forces Covenant.
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision over the coming years.
Due to the nature and environment of our work, all offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks. These include:
- Checking identity and Right to Work in UK
- Employment References
- Basic Disclosure criminal records checks
- Drugs Test on first day in business
Other checks may be required depending on the nature of the job for which you have applied, e.g., qualifications or enhanced security checks.